Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fascinating Stuff

So I was poking around on Wikipedia tonight after tackling a mountain of work, and I ran across something really intriguing. Please don't ask me how I got there. I love Wiki because it allows me look up something, then click through to something else, then to something else, then to something else. I can lose entire DAYS on there and have no idea how I got from my first search to the last article I read.

Aaaaaanyway...I somehow stumbled across an article on Borna disease a virus that causes neurological impairment and usually death in horses. Horses. Remember this. It's important.

Apparently, there's also correlation between humans having antibodies to a protein contained in the Bornavirus in their blood and...bipolar disorder.

I *really* hope they follow up on this research. I think it could be really fascinating and could definitely dispel some of the bullshit out there about BP.

No comments:

Post a Comment