Friday, August 5, 2011

Haters Can Make Like Bees With No Stingers And Drop Dead

I had an inquiry about my SEO services today. First one! I'm supposed to talk to the guy tomorrow. It's going to be a HUGE project, and I don't know if I can handle it all by myself. *If* I get the contract, I'm going to have to recruit ChaosKitty to help me.

In other work news, I'm making the leap. I'm changing my best-converting site over to the new biller. If it works, I'll swap all the others over, too. My new "contractors" are going up, too, so it'll be me, ChaosKitty, Fangbunny, T. (the most fabulous designer in the world), and her two friends.

I'm really nervous. If this works, it's going to be the beginning of something that'll make ChaosKitty and I rich women. If not? I'm SO FUCKED because if I get caught, I'll surely be fired. But given the work atmosphere, I feel like I *have* to make this leap. The girls who worked with me before the buyout are all being choked out, and I feel like it's time for us to start scattering like rats off a sinking ship before something more drastic happens.

And, honestly, even if I'm caught and fired, I THINK I have enough alternative income to make it work. But, dear God, I'm scared shitless. If it crashes and burns, boy, oh, boy, I'll probably never work in this industry again because if I get caught, I'll be blacklisted for doing what I'm doing. Plus, even though I don't owe these assholes anything, it still pricks my conscious that I'm not doing this on the up-and-up.

But I guess we all do what we've gotta do, don't we?

On the other hand, though...this is what I've wanted to do for the last three years. I'm tired of bending over for these people to keep fucking me in the ass over and over. I also wanna help other people who've been fucked repeatedly by these assholes.

The narcissist in me even *wants* to be feared and hated to some degree. T. and I were talking today about reporting these asshats to the IRS for treating their ICs like employees, which would surely bankrupt them, and she was like, "Wow, we're really vindictive."

To which I replied, "Yes, yes, we are. I fully admit that I'm a crazy bitch, but I'm the crazy bitch you want to have on your side."

She laughed and said, "'I am a powerful ally.'"

Such a nicer way of saying that, huh?

This song has been my anthem since it came out, but doubly so now.



Ain't no way I'ma let you stop me from causin' mayhem
When I say I'ma do somethin', I do it
I don't give a damn what you think
I'm doin' this for me
So fuck the world
Feed it beans
It's gassed up if it thinks it's stoppin' me
I'ma be what I set out to be
Without a doubt, undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me
I'm tearin' down your balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment