Monday, September 5, 2011

Drained

I'm exhausted (again). I was in bed at 7:30, reading, knowing I was going to pass out soon. I was almost there when I heard someone knocking on the front door. I tried to ignore it, but they wouldn't go away. My mama was asleep in the den, which is in the back part of the house. The bedroom I sleep in is right beside the front door.

So, eventually, I had to get up and go answer it. It was someone to see my daddy, who wasn't home at the time, so I sent this guy to our barn to look for him because that was the last place I'd heard he was headed. And I'll be DAMNED if he didn't come back within 20 minutes, checking to see if Daddy was here yet.

Thank God, he was just walking in the door. I don't think I could've handled it otherwise.

So now I'm just awake enough to not be able to go to sleep. I'm still exhausted, but I don't think I can sleep yet. I've got a lot on my mind, but I'm pretty sure my brain's so fried that it won't be able to turn them into words right now. Those will have to come out on paper later.

Now, my mama and daddy are sitting in the living room talking to this guy. I'm hiding in the bedroom, partly because I'm only half-dressed and partly because I just don't think I can handle one more person in my space today. But even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn't now. These two rooms share a wall, and I can hear them talking.

FML.

Tomorrow's got to be better...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment