Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This Is My Song, For Real, No Doubt

Well, it's that time of year again.

I'm listening to this song--doing what I've done every November 28th since 2001, when this song came out. Back then, I imagined one day having a huge blowout of a party in which this song featured prominently. But I was a senior in high school then and still believed I would eventually have friends one day. So, yeah, this song is kinda bittersweet since I never got that amazing party I always wanted. :|



If it's your birthday,
Then put your hands up
You wanna get drunk,
Then put your hands up
And if you got some cash,
Put your hands up
And your own job,
Put your hands up

Players wanna play
Ballers wanna ball
Rollers wanna roll
But I'm takin' off
After I dance....


I no longer hold out hope for the party. Nowadays, I just have to be satisfied that I held the demons at bay and made it another year.

Happy Fucking Birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment