Monday, November 19, 2012

Days 9-19

Uh, yeah, I fail spectacularly at remembering to do this shit.

Things I am thankful for, days 9-19.

Day 9: I'm thankful for coffee. I pretty much sublimated a bad binge drinking habit and a sex addiction into a caffeine and work addiction. Maybe not the healthiest thing in the world, but it beats the alternative.

Day 10: I'm thankful for the Internet. Without it, I wouldn't have a job, I wouldn't have a lot of the friends I have, and I probably wouldn't even have my sanity because it was on the webz that I figured out what the hell was wrong with me.

Day 11: I'm thankful for my Kindle. It has provided me with lots of entertainment and happiness over the years.

Day 12: I'm thankful McRib is coming back soon. Yes, I'm a pathetic fat ass. No, you're not allowed to make any comment whatsoever about that.

Day 13: I'm thankful I have a place to live that is not my parents' house or the house of some dude, even if it's not the fanciest place ever. I like being alone.

Day 14: I'm thankful for my message board. It's a great place to hang out while working, and I've met some fantastic people there. I've even met several of them in real life and have made some great friends in that way.

Day 15: I'm thankful that my birthday is not going to be on Thanksgiving this year because I hate when that happens. Of course, the Universe added insult to injury by making it be on Thanksgiving *next* year when I--oh, God--turn 30, but we're not thinking about that right now.

Day 16: I'm thankful that I've lived long enough to realize some of the fucked up shit I've done and to stop doing it. I hope that God will let me live long enough to try to make even the smallest amends to the people I've hurt.

Day 17: I'm thankful for my super-comfortable bed. This mattress is probably the nicest thing I've ever owned.

Day 18: I'm thankful for the ocean. Just knowing that it exists somewhere under the same sky as me is often enough to calm my soul for a little while.

Day 19: I'm thankful that even in the dark, depressing dead of winter (and fall), there will always be the promise of a warm, bright, and shining spring and summer. At least until I can have the means and the wherewithal to move somewhere where the only seasons are rainy and not rainy.

Ok, I think I'm caught up, at least for now. Maybe I won't wait so long about updating again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment