Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days 5-8

Days 5-8, or why Bunny sucks at being thankful.

No, seriously, I've just felt like ass lately and haven't done much of anything. I have to start back doing shit today, and I figured this would be as good a place as any to start.

Day 5: I'm thankful for my job. Yes, it's a pain in my ass most of the time, but the truth is, if I didn't work for myself, I wouldn't be employed at all. And I enjoy what I do, for the most part. I just get burnt out easily, which is due to a number of factors. But I've liked it more than anything else I've ever done, and I could see myself doing it forever if I could make some more money (and if the stress factor eased up a little).

Day 6: This is sort of a corollary to Day 5, but I'm thankful for all the kick-ass people I've met while doing my job and associated jobs. Working at home is extremely isolating, even for people who aren't terrible at making friends like I am. It gets boring and lonely. It's nice to have other people who understand and can keep you "company," even if they're scattered all over North America and none of them live within 300 miles of you. Also, I work with (or have worked with) some of the craziest, smartest, and most hilarious people on the face of the earth. I love them all to death and wish that our jokes of starting a commune somewhere tropical could come true!

Day 7: I am thankful for the way that God has chosen to reveal Him/Her/Itself to me so that I can believe and follow without compromising the things I hold dear. I think that, in the end, we're all following the same God, the same eternal truth, via a whole lot of different paths. I just wish we could all see that so we can stop fighting over it, although I suppose we all do, eventually, just at different times and places.

Day 8: I'm thankful for all my friends (not just Kitty and my work friends, although they're certainly included in this, too). Without them, I don't know where I would be. They're all brilliant, talented, beautiful people. (What, did you think I'd voluntarily spend time with people who weren't?) They're also a little crazy, but you have to be to put up with me, I think. They've been there for me when nobody else has, and I appreciate it more than they'll ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment