Friday, June 8, 2012

The Difference

So I think I finally figured out a succinct way to explain the difference between me and most people.

On the way to Memphis with my mother and aunt, the topic of trains came up. (Don't ask me how. I have no idea.) This is how the conversation went.

Me: Most freight trains run on diesel. Most commuter trains are electric.

My Mother: How do you know all this?

Me: Because I read.

My Mother: Well, where would you read something like that at?

Me: The Internet. I get bored and then think of some question I don't know the answer to, and I look it up.

[And now, the telling comments]

My Mother: Well, who would ever think to look up something like that?

Me: (genuinely confused) Who wouldn't?

My Mother: (looks at me with a disgusted look and changes the subject)

No comments:

Post a Comment