Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Universe Has It Out For Me


*Sigh*

When it rains, it pours.

The last 2-3 weeks have just been an outright clusterfuck.

Let's see, week before last, I started feeling ill. At first, I thought I might have that stupid stomach virus that's been going around. But I wasn't throwing up or anything. My stomach just hurt and hurt and hurt so bad. The only way I could get away from it was to sleep, which I could only do for a couple of hours at a time because it woke me up, hurting. It hurt, and I felt nauseated, which is terrible for me because, in case I've never mentioned it before, I'm absolutely phobic of vomiting. I would rather be shot than to be sick to my stomach.

Luckily, I never actually was sick, but I felt so ill. It dragged on and on and on, painfully and nauseously. I got to where I couldn't eat or even drink anything. And sleep was more or less out of the question. Finally, after a week of that shit (and about 3 days of not eating, barely drinking, and hardly sleeping), I went to my mama's house to go to the doctor.

The verdict was acid reflux. Yes, I'm embarrassed that I went to the doctor for something so stupid. But, hell, how was I supposed to know? I really thought I was dying. But apparently, between my shitty diet, my propensity to inhale handfuls of Tylenol/Advil/Aleve/aspirin to get rid of headaches, my caffeine addiction, and the incessant stress and worry of my life, I managed to break my insides or something. She wrote me a prescription for Prevacid, and I felt better after the first one. After about 3 days, I was back to normal.

I ended up staying at my parents' for about 5 days so Daddy could change the squealing belt on my truck. I got behind on work, but that's really nothing unusual in my life. I came back home on Sunday, and the leaky-ass faucet in my bathtub had been repaired, which made me happy.

I did what I had to do on Sunday and then spent Monday running errands and shit, so I could go hard at work for the rest of the week. On my way back from dropping my rent check off Monday, the battery light on my truck came on. Luckily, I was within a couple of miles of the house. It was dark, so I couldn't check it until the next day. My first thought was that the new belt Daddy had put on had either broken or slipped, but nope. Belt's still intact, and the pulleys spin fine as well. Sooo...that leaves the goddamned alternator.

So I went to the Dollar General a couple of miles up the road Tuesday to buy some groceries to get me by until Daddy can get home and fix my truck. The charge on the battery hasn't noticeably dropped, but I haven't gone far yet, either. I don't want to push my luck. I mean, it's not like I have any friends I can call to come get me. *Eyeroll*

So I've been stuck in the house, which makes me go stir-crazy in practically no time. I had family drama Tuesday night. Oh, and my great-uncle is dying, so that's great. Yesterday was relatively calm and productive, at least for me. Which, of course, means that all hell broke loose today.

One of my clients starting bitching about her blogs and when she gets them--which she pays a discounted rate for, so I'm not too sure what the big fucking deal is. That pissed me off. Then, I ended up on the phone with my lovely boss T. for, like, an hour. I didn't mind that because she's fun to talk to, but it just got me behind. THEN, I realized that my sites had been hacked. And not just one or two of them. The motherfuckers got TWENTY-TWO sites.

Now, I have to go through 22 sites, reinstall Wordpress on each one, redo the themes, change the Wordpress passwords, and change the database passwords. I've done 9 so far. And I still have a pile of client work to do, too.

And to top it all off? My stomach, which was fine up until today, is killing me again. I've been taking my meds like I'm supposed to, and I've had a couple of antacids today, too, but I feel like I'm being jabbed between my tits with a red hot poker. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm PMS-ing Why the fuck not?

I know there are a lot of factors contributing to it, but I think it's telling that today, when the shit hit the fan, the pain came roaring back with a vengeance. But...more on that later. I still have 13 sites to clean up and a ton of stuff for paying customers as well. I wanna curl up in my bed and cry, but what good would it do?

FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment